Eighteen Capital Group (18CG) is a boutique private equity firm / family office focusing on real estate, specifically value-add multifamily housing investments. Deploying primarily partner and closely related capital, 18CG currently employs approximately 200 professionals and has its corporate headquarters on the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, Missouri. 18CG currently owns 6,873 apartment units spanning across 32 properties.
The founding principals of 18CG are Michael Gortenburg and Scott Asner; key partners include Isaac Gortenburg, Christopher Thomson and Jeffrey Gibbs.
A governing value of Eighteen Capital Group is to grow and achieve success by advancing the interests of those who we interact with on a daily basis; our residents, employees and capital partners, as well as the brokerage community and clients.
Residents of our properties enjoy a commitment to service and our continual efforts to innovate and improve their living experience. We are also dedicated to providing the Eighteen Capital Group team with a fun, positive work environment. Various social and team-building outings, exceptional benefits and a merit-based culture make 18CG the strong community it has become. Positive results and hard work are rewarded with increasing responsibilities, challenges and compensation, making 18CG a stimulating workplace for in-house employees and property management teams alike.
Within the multifamily brokerage community, Eighteen Capital Group has differentiated itself from many of its peers in the current cycle by focusing on certainty of close and by utilizing:
- short due diligence periods
- in-house equity
- cash purchases with no debt financing contingencies
To our capital partners, we pledge the following:
- To ensure a highly disciplined acquisition approach in which we adhere with conviction to our core investment values and return metrics.
- To conduct state-of-the-art reporting.
- To provide property and asset management, driven by best practices. 18CG continually searches for opportunities to enhance total net income and reduce total net expense in every single aspect of property operations. This includes sophisticated rent-optimization software, survey-driven resident satisfaction initiatives and online marketing/reputation enhancement, aggressive property tax advocacy, pooling of insurance costs, “green- retrofit” utility expense reduction and other efficiencies.